Blog Archive

Tuesday 31 May 2022

Hobbycraft Haul- paper craft and embroidery

 Hello darlings x

Just to preface this blogpost- I am writing this on my phone and so I am sorry if the grammar is a bit shabby. I am currently (00:59) waiting for my friend to turn up at mine to get a coach at 6am. I have no idea whether to sleep. I do not know what I am doing with myself. Anyway, I thought I would make myself useful and show you what stuff I got in hobbycraft. Psst I spent £43 (with a discount deduction) and you know when you look at your purchases after a shopping spree and you genuinely don’t know how something has totalled so much.

So the first purchases I made were some square paper for card making and scrapbooking. I got an astrology design. These are really pretty actually. And then I got some floral and fruit and veg (‘garden’) design ones. These are nice because they have like a broad range of designs, some are floral and then some have veggies and fruit really cute.

These are the designs. 

I could never be a hand model 

I also got a dragon fly hole punch. I just thought this was so cute. It goes nicely with both of the papers I brought. So cute. 

So my friend and I also want to do some Victorian style paper marbling and for that you need distilled turpentine according to my friend. This was actually where a large portion of my budget was blown because it cost a bit but when we looked online it was actually cheaper in hobbycraft. Then we also got some oil paints for it too. 

I also got some apparture cards. These are really nice to have because I like making cross stitch cards. I got a circle and then like a large rectangle one. 

Don’t read ahead if you are my sister!!! Then I got some threads. I picked up two black threads however I left the shop with one…  not sure what happened. I also saw these really pretty multicoloured ones. For some reason these colour combos are super nostalgic. Like the teal one really reminds me of the threads that my mum had in her embroidery box before I used them all up for friendship bracelets. Then the other two they really remind me of something from my childhood. I think maybe they are quite 2000’s colours. Anyway I purchased these multicoloured ones for my sister. I didn’t get her something for Easter and I feel sort of bad because she got me some delicious sugar covered almonds. I am sort of really bad at buying people presents. I just forget, run out of time but I do like buying stuff for people but it is always going to be sporadic. So these are like a early Christmas present for my sister maybe.

Also my friend did buy some things for himself a heart shaped canvas and some dinosaur craft paper for his brother. That also makes up the total. He had purchased dinner the night before so I got them for him.

I think I mentioned in my last blogpost that I went to hobbycraft with my friend before going to Penarth and then Barry on his motorobike, it was a a really lovely day out. It was so funny. 

Anyway, I hope my friend is turning up soon so I can sleep.

Lots of love Happy Hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment