Blog Archive

Wednesday 13 July 2022

Weekend in London: Tiffany, Hightstreet and Rolling Stones

hello!
I am currently on hols in the south of France which is really lovely. The weekend before I went away I was in London because I am between uni houses at moment. It is actually so stressful coming back from uni and having nowhere to put your stuff ugh it drives me so mad. I have no room for anything so I just leave everything in their boxes.
 feeling a bit adorable. ☆

During the week I met up with my friend a few times and we went to Shoreditch. It is actually nice because I feel like I have someone in the same boat as me, as although we were in different academic years at school, we both started University during the pandemic. I don't know if that made any sense but yeah starting uni during the pandemic was actually quite a nightmare so yeah it has been really nice to catch up with her. She just gets it. Shoreditch was fun- we just had a browse and then took some drinks to the park.

On the Friday I went to the Tiffany exhibition at the Saatchi. It was free entry which was quite good. Sooo busy though. In one room it had the jewellery displayed by decade with the coordinating original catalogues- so it was like a timeline. There was another room dedicated to like diamond jewellery where they also had on display the tiara worn in the 2013 Great Gatsby film.


 


Also they had a room which was Breakfast at Tiffany's themed which displayed the Givenchy dress Audrey Hepburn wore and the Oscar awards the film won, along with other stuff connected to the film. 


The tiffany diamond was displayed in another room. Yeah it was a fun exhibition, there was a lot to see. 

My mum and I picked up some lunch after and had a wonder around the King's Road.

Then on Saturday my sister came home. We went to get some Nandos on Sydenham Highstreet which actually really hit the spot. 
Then we had a look around the charity shops. I picked up a really chic dress actually, it is a red houndstooth print with long sleeves and a sort of handkerchief hemline. I also popped into Superdrug where my sister and I picked up some nail polish. I got a Little Miss Fun one which is a coral colour.
I really like this dress- I am so glad I purchased it. I got it for £5 but they originally had a tag on it for £10 but it was in the sale. 


Then on Sunday my family and I went to a Rolling Stones concert in Hyde Park which was really fun actually. They have a great energy. It was really chill just to people watch and just relax. We got one of them Santander bikes back to the office.


Unfortunately I am now on hols with covid. Please send me advice on recovery. I had sort of long covid when I had it back in March (?) 2020 and I totally do not want that again because it made me sooo unproductive and tired. I look forward to chatting with you soon. There are going to be some great blogposts this summer. I really want to help my readers have a lovely summer x

ciao x

No comments:

Post a Comment