Blog Archive

Thursday 17 November 2022

Revenge Friday #2

 Hello darlings, 

So, this is my second Revenge Friday post. It is a bit of a boring one but hope you enjoy. I hoping to bring much more like motivation and revenge etc in my next few posts. I have been on hols last week but this is before I went on hols. I might do like a Revenge Friday French edition or I may not.

What I got up to on Revenge Friday (4th November)

I didn't get up to anything lol. No, I went to do admin for two hours for work. I went to get lunch after because I had a friend working at Snack Shack and they wanted me to keep them company- I had quite a grim potato. I came home and was a bit exhausted honestly. I binged Young Royals- if any of you have watched that on Netflix. The show is Swedish and it is about a young prince who goes to a school and he falls in love with his like school mate. It's like a teen show and it is quite cute actually.

Pre-revenge Friday

The day before Revenge Friday I went to the cinema. I saw The Banshees of Inisherin it was quite a weird film actually, but I enjoyed it. This wouldn't be what I normally go and see but it got really good reviews. It was nice to get a break from my studies.

I was initially going to go on my own but then my friend decided that they needed a break from uni work so yeah, he decided to join. We went for a few cocktails at Peppermint which weren't amazing- I have had a few cocktails from peppermint that have felt quite offensive. It is a shame because I actually like the vibe of the bar but yeah, I have had some very dodgy cocktails. We then took the train to Cardiff Bay to the cinema. It was a fun evening.

I also had a study day too with my friend which was really fun actually. I have never really studied with someone before, but I sort of liked it. It was nice just to be able to chit chat every so often. We went for breakfast in the morning so it felt really productive.

 Podcasts

Can I tell you a secret?: This is a really interesting story. The podcast is by The Guardian and it sort of investigates a man, Mathew Hardy, who was a cyberstalker. He was really awful, doing things like spreading lies, impersonating people and stalking women. It is quite a thought-provoking story.

The Missing: This is a podcast about missing people. I know I said I have stopped listening to true crime podcasts but this one is really well done and the narration is good. I particularly found the episode about trafficking really interesting. 

That Girl on a Budget

So, I used to be quite into running and I would run quite regularly, almost everyday. However, I was always very disheartened because I wasn't making any progress (I was actually like getting worse lol) and I was very anaemic at the time so like I was getting really faint. Basically, I had to stop.

Anyway, I decided that I would like to get back into running because I am no longer very anaemic, and it feels like a nice thing to start doing. So, I decided to get some second-hand running stuff online. I got a sports bra, running shorts and some asics (you shouldn't buy your trainers second hand but I saw a listing and I thought they looked quite decent). I want to be ''that girl'' but I am also on a budget.

Revenge Quote and Shoe

I thought every revenge Friday I could share either a revenge shoe or a revenge quote to inspire.

This is sort of sweet. I should actually apply this to my life a bit more. 

This is the epitome of a revenge shoe. I have been looking for an excuse to buy these (or something similar) for a while because they are so coool and stripper vibes. They are YSL. 

Anyway, hope you have a great week. Sorry this week was a bit boring but the next post is going to be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment