Blog Archive

Saturday 17 December 2022

Revenge Friday #6 I am asking Santa for a shredder

 Hello darlings x

Revenge Friday (9th December)

I did not really do that much for revenge Friday, I had period cramps and cystitis so I was just tossing and turning the night before- so not fun. I am feeling better so I am hoping to have a productive Revenge Friday next Fri.

Uni Work Stress

Because I am going to my sisters on New Years Eve a lot of my uni work has to be done by the 30th of December so I am slightly shook. I made a word doc with like the days of December and Jan up until submission and written the key dates. It makes it really clear to see how dire the situation is. And then each day I just write next to the date what I am going to focus on. I then have worked out how many words to write each day to stay on track which is 510. I am feeling nervous but also like excited.

Podcasts

I have listened to some quite good podcasts in the last few weeks. I like to listen to investigative stories. Someone recommended to me Diary of a CEO which I will listen to.

End of Days (BBC Radio 5 Live)- This podcast is about Waco Masacre. There was an end of world cult in Waco, Texas and they were like hoarding weapons ect. Basically it ended up in a siege and then a fire with 82 people dying. But this podcast focuses on the 24 British people who died and yeah it was interesting. Heartbreaking too as their deaths could have been avoided, which the podcast also explores. It is quite a chilling podcast, some really sinister details about how they recruited people in the UK and the conditions they were living in while in Waco.

Hoaxed (Tortoise Media)- This six part podcast is about allegations of satanic ritualistic child abuse in Hampstead and the conspiracy theories that followed. The journalist explores why the allegations were fabricated and the consequences on people’s lives as 175 innocent people were wrongly named as child abusers. One of the reasons it was fabricated was so someone could promote their superfood hemp product. So yeah it’s a really crazy story.

Sweet Bobby (Tortoise Media)- this story is actually crazy. I listened to this podcast after listening to Hoax because it’s by the same creators. This story is crazy. It is about a woman who was catfished for a decade and then it is revealed who the catfish is. But yeah how this person managed to catfish is just insane and really hard to listen to at times because it is so dark and so mean. It is also gutting there doesn’t seem to be much justice in this case. I would defo recommend this.

Disaster Trolls (BBC Radio 4)- This podcast is about the people who survive terrorist attacks and then get like harassed online and get accused of being a ‘crisis actor’. Online conspiracy theorists like take it to the extreme and like start filming them trying to catch the victims out and harass them online. This is quite interesting. This podcast also occurs in the context of the Alex Jones being sued by Sandy Hook victims.

Winter Wonderland

I went with my friend to Winter Wonderland in Cardiff for his Birthday. We went ice skating and it had actually been many years since I went ice skating. I used to take ice skating lessons at Streatham Ice Rink which unfortunately got knocked down, in like 2012 I think. Streatham Ice Rink actually had good vibes. So it might have been like a decade since I went Ice Skating. My friend hadn't ever been ice skating and I had to like drag him round because he wasn't sure how to move- he did get the hang of it towards the end bless.

Then we went to the Ice Bar. It was actually shit. I am glad that it was his idea to go and not mine. The Ice Sculptures were alright. I would not recommend going, in fact I might post like a blogpost review because it was so mediocre. 

In London there is an Ice Sculpture Festival in Canary Wharf at Christmas, and the sculptures are really cool. That was always a good evening.

Here is a very reluctant photo of me. Also I got these smart trousers from Mango and they are really filling a gap in my wardrobe.

I also purchased a fluffy coat off eBay. I think it looks so cute. It’s cropped which isn’t typically to my liking but I think I can work with it. It’s unbelievably fluffy and I feel a bit cute in it.



Also in the half term when I was in Italy I brought this underwear set, it has like a striped fabric and gorgeous lace details. So I see a lot of women wearing tops like these in clubs and parties and on Instagram; I think I might have a go at styling it to wear our. I am not sure I am cool enough to get away with it.

I have imposter syndrome. The coat sort of goes with it. Might check the charity shops for like a black mini skirt but something high wasted as I don’t like to show too much stomach. 

Revenge Quote

I found myself in the strangest predicament this week and I was not sure the best way to deal with it. You know them situations where it’s like ‘only me’. But anyway someone sent me this quote to try and help me decipher what to do. I think I have worked it out.

Love Happy Hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment