Blog Archive

Saturday 10 December 2022

Revenge Friday #5 Regrets and an all you can eat buffet

 Hello sweeties,

I did not have a very exciting Revenge Friday this week, I have a lot of work to do so if I do disappear for a week, I will be back. Also, please recommend TV shows and Films for me to watch over Christmas, Netflix is slightly uninspiring at the moment. Comment them below pls. I have been watching more BBC iPlayer recently, I have watched some interesting documentaries one was called 'final account' which interviews people who were involved with the Third Reich and it was very thought-provking. The other one was called 'on the morning you wake up' which was quite a unique (poetic maybe?) documentary about people in Hawaii that had a false notification on their phone saying a missile was going to hit. I also watched 'Apocalypse Now' which is also on BBC Iplayer. Not much light watching this week lol. 

Revenge Friday (2nd December)

On Friday I just had a study day. I helped with some admin in the morning. Anyway, in the morning I was talking with my colleague about revision techniques, anyway I was suggesting the Pomadoro technique but I had never tried it myself. For those who don't know the pomodoro method of working is when you work 25 minutes and then 5 minute break (that is a pomadoro) then when you have done four pomodoros you take a longer break (20-25 mins). It is quite effective for like focus. They have timers on youtube, this one is my preferred one. The key to the success is to not be on any screen when you take the break. But yeah this has been going well for me.

Stress Free Christmas

I purchased a Christmas Good Housekeeping mag and it has like lots of recipes that I am excited to cook over the festive period. I also saw on Instagram a Santa Clausmopolitan recipe which I want to try because that pun is great. Unfortunately, I think I will be spending Christmas alone because I am totally in over my head with uni work. I am scared but it is a very productive fear. But yeah it is looking like its going to be very tight with my essays which are unfortunately all due on the same day. But yeah there are a few Christmas activities I would like to do. I need to send some Christmas cards, I have loads of stamps and a they are going out of date at the end of Jan, so I am trying to use as many as I can up before then. 

Saturday

I was doing work in the morning. I went out to an all you can eat buffet in the evening with my friend... it wasn't great. I think because we are both veggies we weren't getting much value for money. We then went to Turtle Bay because they do good cocktails and their 2-4-1 happy hour is a really convenient time. It was a really cute evening though.

It looks so grim lol. Over our food we started talking about regrets (I think this was brought on by the regret of going to Cosmo) and if we could start over in our lives what we would do differently. I have a lot of regrets. One of my many regrets: I regret that I am not a more jovial person- I am the antithesis of jovial. I admire people who are jovial; I am not cynical about happiness. Could have I steered my life in a direction that lead me to be jovial? I sort of think like jovial people were born jovial. 

Shoe and Quote

These are slightly cheugy now. Just to clue everyone up on what cheugy is its like a word coined to describe things that are sort of out of trend or like things that were popular in the 2010's, pumpkin spice late, Starbucks, live laugh love, skinny jeans, girl boss. Anyway, I still think these are really chic, I think they are a classic.

Source: Valentino
I went to like a spiritual talk thing like a months ago about the difference between character and reputation it was inspiring. I think 'character' is going to be the revenge word for 2023.


Sorry this post is sort of boring and late, it is just so busy with exams ect. I will be back soonish. Send me revenge quotes because the ones I find are cringe- I love when my blog is collaborative. I hope you have a good week!

Love Happyhippo  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment