Blog Archive

Saturday 27 April 2024

Revenge Friday- PoMo bike tour and second hand purchases

 Hello darlings, 

I hope you have had a good week. As part of my like revenge life, I am trying to do more like culture things and tbh I will go and do what I like regardless if anyone wants to come with. So yeah Thursday night after work I went for dinner and to a small exhibition opening for Close to the Hedge. It is an exhibition of photographs of bushes/hedges and it was in Deptford at the Gareth Gardner gallery. Defo if you are in Deptford the next week, check them out. I would say do not go out of your way because it is only small. I went for dinner beforehand at this really nice Italian restaurant called Marcella. It had quite a small menu of small plates and pasta- it was relaxed and I was on my own so I was just sat at the bar chatting to the lovely staff. So that was good fun.

Second Hand Purchases

I have recently made a two second hand purchases. I picked up this camisole from the charity shop. It is actually nightwear but I think it is actually really cute and I will probably wear it with (surprise) jeans and some ballet flats. I like the way it cinches at the waste. I was actually examining it when I got home and the fabric has some text printed on it which says 'I'm in demand because I am never late, to start a job or keep a date'- huh?

Then I brought a dress on vinted. It didn't look like much in the images on Vinted- it didn't convey how lovely it is. I had a google and I found a picture of a runway model wearing it to the 2017 Victoria Secret show. She looks gorgeous in it. 

It arrived and I am so pleased with it. I quite like that it isn't too fitted or short- it looks more relaxed. I love the lacey bits on the shoulder, so fun. I will wear this with a pair of black heels in the evening or some summer sandals for a day look.

The brand is Club Monaco and the body of the dress is 100% silk. Both items totalled to under £20 (£3.50+£16) which is quite fair.

Revenge Friday

So my dad has recently been organising and researching a bike ride architecture tour. He wanted to do like test run on Friday and because I couldn't be there on the actual day of the bike ride I thought I would join him on the exclusive preview. We started in Bank/ City of London, went across the river and along the south bank to Greenwich and back to Tower Bridge via Isle of Dogs. It was loads of fun.

We had to skip over a lot of the buildings from Greenwich because we had gotten so side tracked that it was actually getting late.

Here are two of the buildings we looked at...


So China Wharf  (the red building in the image) was one of the buildings on our ride this was built around 1986-8

I used to walk past this a lot as a child and I never noticed that one of the balconies is a boat- such a revelation.


Then this the Isle of Dogs Pumping Station- its basically a sewage pump built 1986-1988.

Then after the bike ride, I had like 20 minutes at home to get ready and then I had to go out again to go to an event at the Barbican, it was author Kate Atkinson doing readings accompanied by BBC Orchestra. So yeah I really enjoyed my day.

Lots of love,
Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment