Blog Archive

Saturday 20 April 2024

Revenge Friday - Summer Wish List, Day Out in Bermondsey and What I Have Been watching

 Hello darlings, 

I hope you enjoy reading this post! This week I am going to tell you about my day out in Bermondsey and what I have been watching. Also Netflix has released a few more shows and I am very relieved because I was getting slightly desperate. I was so desperate I watched this awful show called My Life With the Walter Boys- it was so bad. I do apologise for this slightly boring post. 

What have I been watching

Ripley: I watched this with my mum because she loves the book and also the film. I was a bit reluctant to watch it- I am quite fragile and stuff like of that subject matter really upset me. I did really get into it and I had watched the film but I like it as a TV series because it is like a slower pace but it is very exciting to watch over several nights. I really enjoyed watching it over the past week. Yeah it also defo makes you want to go back to Italy. Defo give this a watch.

Baby Reindeer: I am currently watching this series and it is really unique. It is based on the writer of the series, Richard Gadd, (he plays himself in the series) experience of being stalked by a woman who claims to be a lawyer. She sends him these really unhinged, incoherent emails and it gets progressively more sinister. It is soo fucking chilling and scary. It is slightly excruciating at times because you really see like hindsight. I am only on episode three but I am soo gripped. It is very like thought-provoking.

This Town: This is on BBC iplayer and yeah I watched this a few weeks back. It is basically about a teenager called Dante growing up in like the 80s and he is trying to start a band with his friend and his cousin. I enjoyed it but I found it slightly cringy and it is co-written by kae Tempest who, I am ngl, I am not a fan of at all... I just don't get their music. There are several story lines such as Dante and his cousin's quite dysfunctional family. Dante's cousin Bardon is also being like forced by his father to do tasks for the IRA. There is a lot going on in this six part series, idk if it completely works. That being said, I quite enjoyed watching it.

Summer Wishlist

I am so done with this weather and so looking forward to summer. I have been thinking about some things I want to get for summer. So here is what I fancy.

Black linen dress- I had this really nice black linen dress and I had a few clothes at university that just didn't make it back home (I hate losing things) and this dress was unfortunately one of them. I loved this dress. So I would like to replace it and I am going to try to make it. It was a really lovely dress and I have been thinking about how I can remake it- I have a plan.

Embroidered Cardigan- I have a pink cashmere cardigan that I have had for years and to be totally honest it is so not my colour despite the fact I wear it all the time. I would sort of fancy getting a new cardigan but I would quite like it to have embellishments and to be a cosy cashmere. I have a few saved on my vinted so I think at some point I will pick one to buy.

Sol De Janeiro 68- I went to the cinema a few weeks back and the person sat next to me was wearing this perfume (or one really similar) and granted I think they had way too much on but I was not complaining because it smelt gorgeous. I would like this but in order for me to buy it for myself I need to finish three perfumes- that is what I am saying to myself. I find it really hard to finish perfumes because every scent is like a time in your life and a memory.

Revenge Friday 12/04/24

My Mum and I went to London Bridge because there was an exhibition at the fashion and textile museum that we wanted to see. Firstly we had a browse down Bermondsey Street and we got a coffee and matcha latte from Fuckoffee which was really chill. Then we went for a viewing at Kerry Taylor Auction, it was a fashion sale and accessories sale and it had some cool things. I tried on a few things but nothing was really doing it for me. We didn't end up putting a bid on anything. I think there is another auction in June so I will probably go again for that.

We got some lunch at a Vietnamese place. Then we went to the Fashion and Textile Museum and it was basically so busy they weren't excepting walk-ins for another two hours. I just couldn't be bothered to wait. The exhibition is on for another few months so we will probably go another time. Then we went to Borough Market but I suddenly got really bad period cramps- agonising. We ended up heading home but yeah despite it not going completely to plan I still had a really fun day.

Okay I will chat to you again very shortly.

Love

Happy Hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment