Blog Archive

Friday 24 May 2024

Revenge Friday- Chill Day in London

 Hello darling, 

I hope you have had a lovely Revenge Friday. I had some really nice plans for last Friday and then something came up at work very last min. So, I was so excited for my day out today.

Revenge Friday

I wanted to go into London to go to the Corbin Shaw exhibition at Incubator Gallery. I have been really interested in his work for a while. His work explores identity, masculinity and Britishness. He first came to my attention when he did a collaboration with Women's Aid and it was really powerful.

He works a lot with flags but this exhibition is a slight departure from that. He uses some really interesting mediums, there was: machine tapestries of photos of shopping centres, retail parks and new build houses; stonemasonry of like logos; brass rubbings of drain covers and horse brasses made of car logos. Really cool. It closes on Sunday so defo go and take a look.

Incubator gallery is located just off of Marylebone High Street, it is on Chiltern Street. 

I really wanted to have like a window shopping day today. It is my Birthday in two or so weeks and I don't really like to buy anything a month before my Birthday- are you like this? So it was a window shopping day. I looked around Marylebone High Street, Selfridges and I also looked at moth sachets in John Lewis for 10mins- exciting. 

For Lunch I went to Hoppers but, although the food was really nice, I don't think I would be running back there because the staff were sort of cold towards me.

I also ended up walking to Covent garden via Grind for a matcha. I then went for an aperol spritz at Frevds and then I went home.

Plans

I have a few blogposts planned  but do let me know if you have any suggestions or requests. I think it is the 7th or 8th anniversary of Happy Hippo. I really enjoyed my day out in London. This weekend I need to sort out my wardrobe, a few months ago a very weird situation occurred, I may have mentioned it, a puddle of water appeared in my wardrobe one day. A literal puddle. So basically all my clothes got moved to the hallway and they have been sat on a rack. It has dried out and a drain professional came to like survey the house- it's all resolved. So yeah I need to sort out my clothes. If I get that done by Sunday I fancy going to Museum of London Docklands.

Okay have a fabulous week. See you next Revenge Friday.

Happy hippo

No comments:

Post a Comment