Blog Archive

Wednesday 19 June 2024

Revenge Friday (07/06/2024)- What I did for my Birthday and what I was gifted

 Hello darlings, 

I hope you had a lovely week. It was my Birthday last weekend so I had lots of things planned and then on top of that I have been busy at work. I had a really lovely Birthday though, I booked a restaurant for the day of my Birthday and I also booked tickets for my partner and I to see a play the following weekend. So I had a lovely  Birthday and it was meltdown free.

I did actually have a blogpost written for last week about 'how to not be a diva on your birthday' which may be getting posted at a later date. Birthdays can be hard to get right but taking the reigns this year has definitely helped.

What I did on my birthday

I went to Marylebone with my family. I went to a really fab restaurant called Fischers; it was an Austrian style restaurant. It was really great and I am now considering a holiday in Vienna. I had a borscht, souffle suisse and black forest gateau.

We had a browse in some of the shops in Marylebone high street- there are some really good shops. I had a great day out.

What I got for my Birthday

My family gifted me a new handbag from Longchamp, it is going to look really adorable for summer. My sister has this size of the Le Pliage pouch but in pink and I have been really jealous for a while; I am very happy that I now have my own.


I was also gifted clay diffusers which you put like essential oils on and then you can place them in your wardrobe. Really handy because I have been sort out my wardrobe and hopefully it will make my clothes smell really good. 


My family also got me a fashion photography book which I haven't actually had much of a look at yet but I look forward to it. They are photos taken by Martin Parr who I really like and also he has like an exhibition space in Bristol which I want to visit at some point. I also got some Lego sunflowers- I have a few Lego flowers already and these will be a cute addition.

Then my sister got me some heatless hair curlers and a lip tint. I love the colour of the lip and cheek tint it is very bright and summery. I gave the heatless hair curlers a go and it turned out pretty well.

Revenge Friday

I did some sorting out of my wardrobe. I planned to have a massive clear out and only departed with two items lol. I will be giving you an updated room tour at soe point just waiting for some things I have ordered.

Then in the evening I went to the Oval to watch some Cricket with my mum and cousins. I don't have a clue about the rules of cricket but I was actually very taken with it and the Oval had such a lovely ambience that I would defo be keen to go again. I will read up on the rules next time.

Love, 

Happy Hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment