Blog Archive

Monday 24 June 2024

Revenge Friday- Sloan Square and deinfluencing London

 Hello darlings,

I am very out of sync with these revenge posts. Sort of a bit random but I been looking into books about the menstrual cycle because I am sort of coming to the realisation that my hormones really effect my consistency and productivity. So if you have like any recommendations for books (I have a few on my list) let me know.

Okay so this week I thought I would discuss some things I want to deinfluence in London. I see a lot of like Instagram content where they recommend things in London and sometimes they are good... but they can be very questionable. So if you would like this as a series I could definitely do that. I just thought of a few off the top of my head this week.

Deinfluencing- London Edition

Pls don't kill me these are just my opinions.

The Art of Banksy- So this is a exhibition in Soho London of Banksy's art and I walked past this place a week ago and I was basically just very intrigued because... it is not 'curated or authorised by the artist'. I am intrigued (I will leave it there). I am not telling you not to go (it will probably be great) however I think it is just as good to see one Banksy than 150.

I think there is an interesting trend at the moment of like these exhibitions and experiences in cities. I think it sort of began with the popularity of immersive Van Gogh and at their worst they end up like Willy's Chocolate Experience. I am sceptical about whether the experience is always a good experience tbh.

Joyriding- It isn't joyriding but like I have seen this so often in London where it is like people driving about for entertainment often in sort of flashy cars and playing very loud music in the sort of centre of London. I saw a few weeks ago it was a car it had been modified to have a DJ set up in the top of the car and they were playing really loud (also quite bad) music- I could hear it still when I was walking two streets away. I have seen also last weekend a car it was modified to have a sound system on the roof and followed by like eight flashy sports cars and again the music was just awful. It is just so obnoxious. So not really like deinfluencing you necessarily (tbh I just wanted an excuse to complain to you about it) but it is sort of a part of that influencer culture- look at me vibe.

Boozy Bottomless Brunch- I am sure at some point I will do the bottomless brunch. I have to say though... as a society we have got to do better than this. I was thinking that it must be quite uncomfortable to work as a waiter at a place that does bottomless brunch because it just feels like there is a lot of scope for awkwardness- as in people feel like really entitled or people being like very drunk.

Sort of on a sperate topic but I was in London Bridge with my friends and we were chatting about the London Dungeons and how you don't really hear about it anymore. Like I remember this being the shit back in the day- is it still popular? I never went because tbh I was quite a sensitive child and I probably would not have enjoyed it at all.

Revenge Friday

I was at work in the morning and then I met my mum in Sloan Square about midday because we wanted to do some shopping in Peter Jones.

(emotophobia warning) Revenge Friday is sort of about facing fears and self improvement and this Friday was no different. I ate at the Peter Jones Cafe. Bit of context when I was younger I was given severe food poisoning from eating at a John Lewis Cafe; I ended up throwing up in the cinema 10 minutes towards the end of Happy Feet (2006) (I never did see the end) and then threw up on the journey home. It was bad and I have never really eaten at a John Lewis cafe since. However this Friday, I just felt it was time to return. Anyway, I had a salad for lunch and I am still alive.

I am so obsessed. I know the bag doesn’t go but I’d still be tempted to wear them together.

Then we looked round the department store and I purchased this really cute dress in the sale it was I think 40% off. I love the pattern and the puffy sleeves. I can't wait to wear this in the summer. 

We then had a look down the King's Road. I had like an email the previous week from Space Nk and it was like a birthday gift that I could claim in store and I didn't have to purchase anything to claim it. Anyway this was the gift…

We had a look in a few other shops and then made our way home.

Okay, chat soon!

Love, 

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment