Blog Archive

Monday 1 July 2024

Revenge Friday- Shopping and day out in Hampstead (29/06/24)

Hello darlings, 

The full moon and the longest day of year were hitting me hard last Friday. I had so much weighing on my mind. Maybe you were feeling it too.

I have been really enjoying watching the Euros and so lovely because it has been sunny in the past few weeks.

I will be doing some summer revenge blogposts and I was thinking of maybe setting like a challenge like a glow up challenge.

This weeks blogpost, I was going to do a haul but... I didn't buy anything. So instead I thought I would just write about what I have been up to and then next week we can have a summer briefing.

Revenge Friday- shopping trip fail

On Friday I went shopping in London because I wanted some work clothes for summer. For lunch I went to a ramen place in soho (Tonkotso) which was really good and the lunch time menu actually worked out quite inexpensive.

So I was sort of looking for some linen trousers and I also wanted a cowl or boat neck tshirt (a tshirt that looks smart basically). I am really fussy and I didn't buy anything. I tried on a really cute linen set from Jaeger and it did look really nice but it was going to total to £215 so I needed to sleep on it. I wasn't quite sure whether it was giving off young energy.


Then I tried on this smart top in M&S and again I actually liked it (it would go nicely with my work trousers) but it was £56 and tbh I don't know if I like it that much. 


Oh I tried on this clown outfit in Nobody's Child but the fit was awful. I don't like trousers that have pleats at the front and I don't think they ever flatter me. I am drowning in it.

I went in loads of other shops but I didn't buy anything. Tbh I am not very good at shopping on my own because... I don't make good fashion decisions lol. I had wanted to go to an exhibition but I just didn't get time.

I did go to the Liberty Bridgerton Experience which was quite a laugh. This is me in a 'carriage'. 

Sunday Outing

Last Sunday I went to Highgate Cemetery with my partner and had a tour around the cemetery; I had it on my to-do list for a few year. So its a Victorian cemetery and as well as having some very interesting people (Michael Faraday, Christina Rosetti, Elizabeth Siddal, Karl Marx, George Michael and many others) buried there, it has a really interesting history too. So you have to pay to enter and I would recommend going on a tour because you do learn a lot and otherwise you wouldn't really know what you were looking at. I really recommend going- it is really beautiful.

We walked towards Hampstead and got some food in a bakery to eat in Hampstead Heath. Then for the rest of the afternoon we spent in a pub garden watching the England match.

I had such a lovely day.

Let me know what blogposts you want to read. I am hoping next blogpost will be like Summer inspo. Chat soon!

Love, 

Happy Hippo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment