Blog Archive

Friday 12 July 2024

Revenge Summer- Summer briefing and Day Out in South Kensington

 Hello darlings, 

I hope you are doing well. I will be posting a sewing blogpost next week because I have been doing a bit of sewing and we are long overdue the second quarter of the year sewing blogpost. This week I thought I would do a really small random haul and I also had a lovely time in Kensington.

Summer Haul

This is going to be such a random haul. 

So I stocked up on my favourite shampoo which is the Eco Warrior Shampoo Nourishing Bar. This is a really good shampoo and I have been using it for a while after my partner recommend it to me. I have like wavy/curly hair and for years I was using shampoo that just wasn't right for my hair like Tresemme and Aussi- it resulted in really flat and frizzy hair. I don't use a conditioner (the shampoo is not stripping and instead it feels moisturising) and after washing sometimes I'll use the Amika curling cream. You can buy this shampoo bar from Waitrose. Yeah one of my summer glow up tips would be to learn how to style your hair; what products suit your hair and what washing and styling method works best for you.

So I have this idea about having a stone circle summer; I would like to visit a few stone circles this summer on my days off. This led me to purchase this book Weird Walk from my local bookshop. I had seen a few people talk about this book on Instagram and it looked quite interesting. Weird Walk started as a Zine exploring the UK's ancient sites and they have now gone on to publish this book which is chaptered by season. I have already had a flip through and I have a few places I have bookmarked.



I have also selected a notebook (I had quite a few empty ones) which I am going to use as a summer scrapbook.

Revenge Sunday

So I sort of had a chill morning on Friday; I had leftover cold pizza from Thursday night and I also spent the morning filling in the conservative wipeout bingo- it was a good morning. I went to a concert later that evening in Crystal Palace park but the weather was actually so crap. It sort of makes it worse that it was quite exposed and we were battling the elements.

On Sunday though I did go to the V&A to the Naomi Campbell exhibition Naomi in Fashion which had loads of the clothes and outfits she has worn throughout her career. Some lovely pieces. 

They have two other exhibitions at the V&A that I would like to visit.  They have the Tropical Modernism and the Fragile Beauty: Photographs from Sir Elton John and David Furnish Collection exhibition.

Vivienne Westwood look.

The outfit on the right is what she wore to Alexander McQueen's memorial service.

Thierry Mugler dress

After grabbing some lunch at the V&A we walked along the High Street. We went to Octavia Foundation Charity Shop and I was trying on some work clothes. I purchased an Isabel Marrant skirt which I will wear with a plain shirt for work. 

I'll insert a picture of me wearing it when I wear it out.

After browsing Harrods we walked to the station.

Okay I'll chat to you soon.

Love,

happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment