Blog Archive

Sunday 21 July 2024

Revenge Friday- Summer bucket list, Period Tips and Reading?

Hello Darlings,

I hope you are doing really well. I didn't post last week because I had such bad period symptoms. I was in a pickle.

Last Friday I went for solo brunch; I got shakshuka and a chai latte. Then I went for a walk in a park in an attempt to clear my head- it didn't work. So yeah I did try to do something nice on my day off but I was also lying down on my sofa for the rest of the day watching a bit of TV.

Summer Bucket List

I have acquired a notebook for my summer scrapbook and I have started filling in some pages and also planning some things I want to do in the summer. So I have written a list of some places I want to visit and I think it is do-able that I can tick most of this off.

Other things to include in your summer scrapbook

-Your summer playlists

-Photographs and polaroids

-Perfume testers, tickets and business cards

-Your summer playlist

-Bucket lists, films you want to watch and goals

-Books you have read

-Things you have achieved

-Pressed flowers

It will be soo cute to look back on. Send me pictures of your summer scrapbook pages on Instagram (Happyhippo_blog). I'll show you some of my pages when I have added a bit more. Also don't fret about it being perfect and the joy of scrapbooking is that you can cover up your mistakes, rip a page out if you don't like it ect.

Tips for Heavy and Painful Periods

I get like the type of period pain where you cannot stand up straight on your period. The type of pain where you are sweating, pale, and crying.




I drew this... this is a drawing of myself with a cup of tea on the morning of my period- completely unable to stand up straight. But yeah I thought I would share some tips; there is nothing revolutionary. Definitely look after yourself and make your life easier.

-Wheat bags

I have recently been using a wheat bag instead of a hot water bottle. I love the weightiness of it and it is bigger than a hot water bottle. Also be careful with hot water bottles, I know someone that got a hot water bottle burn and they literally woke up in the morning and they were burnt.

-Breakfast

If you are scheduled to get your period definitely try to eat some breakfast. Especially if you are prone to nausea because it will only get worse if you don't eat. You will have no energy and you'll feel really weak. Have something like granola and yogurt; muesli or berries. Definitely have some yummy food in the fridge

-Iron Iron Iron

If you have heavy periods definitely be careful of iron deficiency and get your iron levels tested if you have symptoms of anaemia.

-Track your Periods

I track mine on a paper calendar because I find with apps there is too much going on and they don't feel very user friendly. 

-Do Not Exercise

I wasn't sure about writing this because it is a commonly accepted idea that exercise helps with period pain...but actually I want it on record; I have never believed that exercise 'alleviates period pain'. In my experience exercise can trigger very bad period pain. So yeah if you are in agony do not do yoga and do not go for a run. I am confident that it will be disproven one day.

Revenge Friday

I went into London and it was such lovely weather. I went to a photography exhibition Roger Mayne: Youth at the Courtauld Gallery. The exhibition includes Roger Mayne's documentary images of the youth in the 1950's and 60s and then more personal photographs of his family. Tbh... the exhibition could (and should) have been bigger- it was quite small. The photographs were lovely. I did then have a browse of the impressionism gallery which is always pleasant.

After the gallery I walked through Soho and browsed a few shops. I have been really loving the brand Les Nereides; they do the cutest whimsical jewellery. There were a few pieces I wanted to try on but honestly the shop was quite busy and I could not be bothered but I defo fancy going back in when they are a little less busy. I brought some fruit in M&S and ate it in Green Park because the weather was really lovely. It was really relaxing. Then I walked to Victoria Station.

Book Challenge

I have been thinking of setting myself a reading challenge. I am going to try to read five books by the end of August. 

Okay I'll chat to you next week and in the meantime, I hope you have a lovely week x

Love,

Happy hippo

No comments:

Post a Comment