Blog Archive

Monday 5 August 2024

Revenge Friday- Abroad Travel Tips, Chit chat and What I Have Been Watching

 Hello darlings,

I hope you are doing well. I thought this week I would share some tips for traveling abroad because it is summer and you might be going away.

Things I Have Been Watching

Society of the Snow (Netflix)- I did start watching this a month or so back and then honesty I just found it really upsetting so I stopped watching it a third way through. Then last week I was scrolling on Netflix and I thought I should probably get closure- like I need to see if they get rescued. This film is based on a true story of a plane that crashed in the Andes and the sort of extreme measures they went to to survive. I would actually recommend this. It is very sympathetic portrayal.

Bridgette Jone's Diary (watch on Netflix)- I watched this with my friend last week and we really liked it. It definitley makes me want to watch the others in the series. 

Depp v Heard (Netflix)- I am slightly late to this because I didn't really follow the whole court case at the time. I didn't have much affinity for either of them. However, now the dust has settled I found this documentary quite interesting.

Dopesick (watch on BBC Iplayer)- I watched this drama on BBC Iplayer about the opioid epidemic and the painkiller Oxycotin. It is not only about the people who became addicted to it and how, but also the people that worked for the company including the people that worked in sales. It is really interesting. I think you can also watch it on Hulu. I would recommend it.

7 Tips for Traveling Abroad

-Research, research, research, 

You are going to want to google stuff such as: common scams, etiquette, places to avoid, overhyped tourist attractions.

-Guidebooks

I look like such a tourist on hols with my guidebook and map but I really do swear by it. It gives you something to read on the plane or on an evening. I also feel much more at ease when I have a guidebook because it has loads of helpful information and you don't have to rely on your phone. The recommendations for cafes and restaurants are good. I like using the map and plotting out where I’ll go. The only thing is you will look like such a dork.

-Put the exchange rate as your screensaver

I have stolen this idea off my aunt who had the currency exchange rate as a screenshot and she had saved it as her screensaver. I sort of know euros and I can do the maths in my head but for countries whose currency I am not as familiar with, I think this could be handy. 

-Longchamp Pilage

This isn't a tip per se however I love bringing my brown small Longchamp on holiday with me. I hardly wear it in London but I find for travel it is perfect because it folds up, it fits the essentials (the guidebook and water bottle) and it is lightweight. They are more elevated than just a cotton tote.

-Fun Research

I love watching films, TV series, reading books and any other fun research before you go away. I think it just enriches your holiday so much more.

-Is your passport in date?

I got caught out by my passport being out of date and I am still kicking myself two years later. I realised it the evening before after travelling 5 hours home. I never thought I would be caught out by this... never. I could not believe it. 

-Modest Summer Clothes

I definitely have a bit of a gap in my wardrobe for like modest summer clothes. Like I have loads of lovely summer clothes but it’s like shorts, camisoles and short dresses. I am going on hols somewhere soon which has a lot of religious sites so I am in a bit of a predicament. I am going to try to not leave it to the last minute to work out some outfits.

-Ask for alone time

I am definitely someone that needs alone time when I am on holiday. So if you are a bit like me and you're going on hols defo idk maybe put out the word beforehand that you might need to have an evening to yourself. 

Revenge Friday

I was going on hols a few days after.

I did a guided walk locally of different Modernist estates. I found a selection of these printed guided walks in my parents letter rack and I thought I would give one a go.


It was quite interesting and it was perfect because I wanted to do something but I didn't really want to trek too far from my house. I did worry that I might look like I am up to no good snooping about lol.

I liked this estate.

I also went for brunch, hoovered the lounge and got my eyebrows threaded. I had a nice and chill day.

Okay I am currently on hols and realised I forgot to post this. 

Lots of love, 

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment