Blog Archive

Sunday 18 August 2024

Revenge Friday- I am back from hols, Holiday Reset and London

 Hello darlings

I have been on hols for a couple of weeks. I went to stay with my sis in the South of France and then I went to the champagne region of France. I also had two day trips to Paris to see the Olympics which was fun. I went to the Women's Break Dancing final and then another day I just spent exploring Paris. I had a fab time.



Random Things I Have Purchased on hols

-I picked up these sandals from a shoe shop in France. My other sandals I have had for two years and I have still been wearing them but they are falling apart. I picked up some silver sandals with studs (Valentino vibes) from the brand Les Tropeziennes. I love these. I don't think they are as versatile as my other sandals but they are really cute for like wearing with a dress on a night out or a cute denim short look.

-I was walking past a boutique in the Marais and a white belt with a beetle buckle caught my eye. Sadly they didn't have my size but I did pick it up in black and I think it looks cool. I have been after a new belt for ages but I haven't really liked anything. This is perfect.


I'll post a better picture when I get round to wearing it.

-I love buying local delicacies when I am on holiday. I kept on seeing champagne liquor truffles shaped like champagne corks (cute) in the town and I purchased some as a gift and I got some for myself too. I didn't think they were that nice when I first tried them but the taste has actually grown on me- I have had two as a little treat in the evening for the past week. Then I purchased these pink biscuits which were also like a delicacy in the area and... I am not a fan of these. I got a packet for my friend so I hope she likes these better than I did. I got a few other little treats for my partner- wine, chocolates and Les Anis de Flavigny sweets (I have always wanted to these). 


-I wanted to buy my friend some beauty products because when we went to France together I was showing her some of the good items to get from the Pharmacy but she didn't have any room in the liquid allowance bag. Anyway I purchased a cute little Nuxe set for her- I love getting the sets just to try out the different products. I also picked up this Caudalie travel set for myself because when I left the SofF I didn't have a shower gel or face wash.

Revenge Friday

I have been trying to do a few things in London since I have been back. I met up with my dad one day after work and we went to an exhibition at the Hayward Gallery. There is an exhibition, Tavares Strachan: There Is Light Somewhere which has some really interesting artworks: the first room has large striking collages/paintings; there are sculptures that use human hair; and on the roof of the building is a model ship of the Black Star Liner but it is like a party boat playing music. There are loads of other really interesting pieces in different mediums. It is really good. I really like the Hayward.

I went to a really great film at the BFI Southbank. It is called Sky Peals and it is basically about a man whose estranged father dies and basically in his grief he starts considering that maybe his father was an alien. The core of the film is about someone who doesn't feel they fit in; the main character Adam works in a motorway service station (which sort of looks like a spaceship) and he is experiencing these physical and psychological sensations and weird things keep on happening to him. It is small release so I think it is mainly being shown at the BFI but yeah I would defo recommend it if it sounds like something you would be interested in.

If you are under 25 you can get £3 tickets at the BFI Southbank- it is a bit of a faff to sign up because you need to show ID in person but it is worth it for affordable tickets in a Central London location. I have heard that at the Barbican you can also get £5 tickets for films and exhibitions if you are under 25. 

Holiday Resetting

I often get it where you go away on holiday and half way through the holiday you sort of get desperate to come home and do everything that’s waiting for you at home like idk water the plant on your desk, catch up with your colleagues, finish that DIY project, apply for a job, organise your wardrobe, or whatever it is. Holidays give you a lot of time to think about your life and reflect. Like you want to action all these ideas that you are thinking about.

Anyway I have done some re-evaluating while I have been away. I am going to make a manifestation board (I normally make them for the new academic year- for me September is like the new year) and I have written down some things I want to do in the summer.

Chat soon!

Love

Happy hippo

No comments:

Post a Comment