Blog Archive

Tuesday 8 October 2024

Japan Haul (with prices)

 Hello darlings,

So I thought I would show you what I purchased in Japan because it is a really fabulous place to shop and I did buy a few things (although I was quite restrained). There were a lot of things I had on my shopping list that I didn't get around to purchasing but mostly I am pleased. I will include prices if I can find them in case you are curious.

Fabric and Stationary

I was really excited for the fabric shopping in Japan because I have in the past brought fabric made and designed in JPN- they are lovely quality and really unique designs however slightly expensive to buy in the UK. I stumbled upon a fabric shop in Kyoto on the main drag and I brought some fabric. I brought just under 3 metres of a pink peacock print cotton fabric which is going to become pyjamas either for myself or as a Christmas gift for my sister. Just over half a metre of a vintage style floral cotton fabric and half a metre of a (chiffon? voile?) lilac check cotton. These came to £10.41 which I think is good value. My sister wanted me to buy her the chiffon to make her a top and I am really excited for the challenge.

I brought some Hello Kitty notelets and I love the aesthetic of these. I love hello kitty but I prefer a more vintage Hello Kitty aesthetic (think primary colours) rather than really pink and girly. I brought these from Itoya (£1.74).

Also while I was in Japan my family and I fell in love with the character Mofusand which are cats that dress up as different food and animals- really cute. Anyway I picked up some mofusand birthday pop up cards...

I brought these shrine gate notelets which come with envelopes (£2). These are so cute. 

Fashion and accessories

I brought this vintage FENDI clip (tbh I think it is real) for around £2 in a second hand shop. I think it is really chic but if I don't get on with it I have a friend who might like it.

I brought a Hello Kitty Claw clip because (bit of a long story) I had a tourist card which I had put some money on to and on the last night I realised I had like £30 on it and I had to spend it in a 24 hour pharmacy, anyway I brought this kitty claw clip (along with lots of other bits and bobs) and I love the colour. I look forward to wearing it.

I saw these floral Sambas in a few shops; I liked them but what sold me was the way they had been displayed in the adidas shop with ribbons for laces. So I purchased the ribbon first (they didn't have my size in the trainers) which came to £12 (I am such a mug). Then eventually I managed to find a shop with the trainers in my size and these came to £74 taxfree. I am so pleased with these; I think they are so cute. I will take a photo when I have laced them. 

I seem to always buy underwear when I am on holiday; I just don't feel that inspired by underwear shops in the UK. Anyway they had some adorable underwear shops in Japan and I stumbled on this shop that was selling cute floral underwear, so I brought two knickers and a bra. These were tax free and came to £33.92. I am so pleased with these. I was actually so restrained. 

I picked up this cute Hello Kitty comb from a sanrio shop (£3) which I am going to keep in my handbag. 

Random and Gifts

They are obsessed with flannels in Japan (everywhere sold flannels), I brought a owl flannel for myself, a bunny flannel for my friend (£4 each) and then I brought a bear flannel (I think it was £7) for my partner. 

I brought myself a tin of matcha and a whisk (£20.66) for myself and then I also brought more matcha as gift for my friend and partner (£13.05). I wasn't really sure what I was buying so I hope I have selected well. 

I brought some Mofusand chopsticks for my friend which have mofusand as a cherry.

I went on the Hello Kitty bullet train and there was a gift whop and I might have gone a bit crazy. I brought a drawstring bag, keyring and stickers. 

I got a Mofusands Melon soda float keyring from a gashapon.

I also brought some Beats fit pro in lilac and these were a spontaneous purchase because my family were looking at ear phones and I just realised the prices were really good. They were tax free and came to £113.22. I went for these because my sister owns a pair and said they don't fall out your ears like the airpods- she had purchased these last year for over £200. So yeah I am pleased with these.

The ones that got away :(

I have had my eyes on an LV papillon for a few years now and I really like that it has that classic Louis Vuitton look but isn't in a style that is really popular. Anyway second hand handbag prices are pretty good in Japan and it is worth checking out. I tried on six of these bloody bags and all fairly priced... but I just didn't bite. I was never in the right headspace, always tired, hungry or nervous. Anyway I really regret not getting one but...I have fallen in love with that bag even more and I will be keeping my eye out in the UK.

I fancied getting some onitsuka tigers but they are having a bit of a moment and the shops were so busy I couldn't think straight. I also find with onitsuka tigers that it is a very fine line between being cool and being reallly dorky; I would fall into the dorky category. They were a great price though.

Okay I will chat with you on Friday!

Love,

Happy Hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment