Blog Archive

Sunday 6 October 2024

Revenge Friday- I am back and tips for making a holiday scrapbook

 Hello Darlings,

I hope you have been doing well. I have been away on holiday traveling in Japan for the past two or three weeks. So my sister and I while we were away were loving making a scrapbook and so I thought this week I would share some tips on how to create a holiday scrapbook. 


Tips for making a holiday scrapbook (with Japan specific tips)

  • I think the first step of making a holiday scrapbook is to decide whether you want to include printed photos in it. My sister and I decided not to because we wanted to work on ours on the go. If you decide not to include photos you can always put a wallet or pocket in it to keep photos in it.
  • Do your scrapbook while on holiday using a smaller notebook- we used a pocket size notebook.
  • I would recommend using double sided cellotape or glue tape instead of glue as it just created a neater appearance- so the things you stick down do not become rippled or start lifting at the corners.
  • If you get sort of perfectionist or intimidated I would recommend to start by sticking everything in and you can add titles and decoration later.
  • Stickers are so cute for adding decoration and they don't have to be childish either you can get some really pretty ones. I would say to avoid 3d decoration, like I personally would avoid sticky gems, puffy stickers and basically anything else that isn't flat; it just makes it difficult to write in it.
  • I would collect the little tickets, leaflets, tokens ect in a little wallet as I was traveling. I was using a Hello Kitty Shinkansen drawstring bag. But yeah just make sure to have like a designated wallet or poly pocket to keep your pieces in.

Japan specific tips:

So if you are visiting Japan you can collect Eki stamps which are decorative stamps found in train stations. Then you can also sometimes find stamps at tourist attractions, museums, some temples, tourist information ect. For the first five days of the holiday we didn't collect any of the stamps but once we had found our first one we sort of understood what we were looking out for. 



My sister and I are not purists so our little books have a mixture of stamps, tickets, paper and stickers ect stuck in, however you can just collect the stamps. For the notebook the best size to get would be a passport size notebook. 

You can get gorgeous stickers in Japan which are Japan themed- we got pretty cranes, sushi and fans. They sell these in shops such as LOFT, Hands and Itoya.

Revenge Friday

I didn't get up to much as I was sort of recovering from the flight; I was unpacking my bag and having a look at the things I purchased while I was away (I think I will post a haul mid next week). I went for lunch with my sister before she took a flight. Other than that I was just resting from the flight and my PMS.

At the weekend I went to the V&A to the exhibition Fragile Beauty: photographs from the Sir Elton John and David Furnish Collection. It is an amazing collection of photographs from a broad range of subjects. I really recommend visiting- it is fabulous.

Okay I will chat with you on Friday!

Love,

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment