Blog Archive

Saturday 14 September 2024

Revenge Friday- Crystal Palace, Uniqlo haul, life

 Hello darlings, 

I hope you had a good weekend. Also, who else wasted last Saturday Morning in that fucking Ticketmaster queue? At 12:15 I made the executive decision to cut my loses because I knew even if I did access it I would have been totally priced out by that point. I wasn't even in the actual queue, I was just in the queue to access the website.

I did manage to salvage my Saturday: I went to Sloane Square to the Saatchi Gallery to see a fashion photography exhibition Beyond Fashion. There is a really great food market on Duke of York Square and there are loads of options and if it is good weather you can have a picnic on the square; that is what I did and I went for Moroccan cuisine.

 On Sunday I met up with my partner and we went to the British Museum- I hadn't been in years. We had a walk around the museum which was fun and actually it was good going with someone who is into history . 

After we went to an arcade called Novelty Automation which was like a 6 minute walk away. The arcade machines are sort of very quirky and satirical; there was one which recreated working in an Amazon warehouse, one which you practice money laundering, another where you fight to keep the house in a divorce and yeah some really funny games. Most of the machines were created by Tim Hunkin who is a cartoonist and engineer. We purchased 10 token for £9 and the machines take 1-2 tokens. I would definitely recommend visiting if you are in the area. It was really good fun.


Revenge Friday

I planned to go to Battersea Power Station on Friday but for some reason I could just not bring myself to go... it just does not seem my vibe at all. So instead I just had a lowkey day.

I decided on a trip to Crystal Palace. I am planning a bedroom makeover and I have decided to replace the  furniture so I had a look around a few second hand furniture shops there.

Crystal Palace Antiques has four floors of mostly mid-century furniture. I have been wanting a mid-century dresser and they had quite a few in the shop but... I have to be realistic with myself: my clothes are not all going to fit in a 1960's dresser. People didn't really own as many clothes back then and so the dressers are quite small. Nothing else peaked my interest.

So hunched haha.

I did quite like these mirrors which they had two in the shop and I love how elegant and minimalist they look. Although I think before I start buying accessories, changing the furniture is a priority.

For lunch we went to Spinach which is a new brunch place on the triangle. It was really good. 

They have several really good health food shops and refill shops on the triangle. We got some empty soap bottles refilled in La Amazonas. We went in a few boutiques.

Then I just went home to relax and do a bit of work on my laptop. I say this all the time but my period was really getting to me.

Uniqlo Haul

I was in Oxford with my partner a few days ago and I went to Uniqlo which is a shop I used to shop at a lot but in the last few years I hardly ever go in tbh. When I was younger I used to get really sucked in by their sanrio (I love hello kitty) and other cartoon character collections.

Anyway, I popped in and I was really pleasantly surprised. I picked up this white turtle neck jumper and I think the shape and fit is really chic; it is 100% wool so hopefully it holds up okay (sometimes knitwear from fast fashion brands can be really questionable quality). This will be perfect for work though with some smart trousers.


Then I also purchased some flared leggings which again I like the shape of these- I find some brands have a really exaggerated flare.

I feel very huggable in this outfit.

Okay so I am not going to post until October because I am going away for a month but I have loads of blogposts planned for when I come back. Stay fabulous!

Love,

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment