Blog Archive

Friday 30 August 2024

Revenge Friday: V&A, Shoreditch and life

 Hello darlings

I hope your bank hols was restful. I always find that the end of summer and September is when I like to set some intentions for the rest of the year. So yeah I have been deep in thought and I am trying to do as much on my days off while it is still summer.

Bank hols

I have been watching Twin Peaks (on Paramount +) which I have been really liking so far I am on S1E4. I am loving it. 

On Sunday, I went to the V&A and I went to see an exhibition called Tropical Modernism: Architecture and Independence; it was quite a nerdy exhibition but I did sort of get it and learn something. I had the impression that everyone there was really into it and I don't know anything about this basically. The premise of the exhibition was about the modernist architecture that was built in India and West Africa designed by architects such as Le Corbusier. 

On Tuesday I went to the Young V&A because I wanted to see the exhibition Japan Myths to Manga and it was really interesting to learn about the Japanese folklore. I have purchased a membership for the V&A so I am trying to get my moneys worth. Afterwards I had lunch in a Venezuelan place opposite (Arepa & co) and I got a vegetarian Arepa which was really good. I then walked to Shoreditch and had a browse of the vintage markets- I always find the vendors to be really intimidating. I walked to Columbia road because I like the boutiques on that street they feel quite upmarket but on a Tuesday it was completely dead. I went in a shop and felt pressured (weird story) to buy an overpriced birthday card for my sister (4.50!). Then I grabbed a matcha and sat in a green to sip it. Grabbed some bagels on Brick Lane and headed home. I had such a nice day and I love that area. 



However... (I am going to go on one of the tangents) I had gone to this museum in my childhood but I haven't been for many years since it was renovated. It is completely different, when I used to go there as a child it was called the Museum of Childhood and it was basically just a museum about toys but since its been renovated it is now the Young V&A so it is like a museum for children. That may sound like the same thing but they are completely different concepts. So basically I didn't realise I was going to a children's exhibition basically... 

Revenge Friday

I was at work and then when I got home I was exhausted and processing the day I had. I watched a Twin Peaks and I am also working on a little project at the moment- I will tell you when I have some success in it. So I didn't do anything too exciting.

Also comment below like what time of year you like to set goals, intentions and resolutions. Okay have a fabulous week. 

Love 

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment