Blog Archive

Friday 23 February 2024

Revenge Friday- Valentines Outfit, Day Out in London and life

Hello darlings x

I hope you had a lovely Galentines or Valentines Day. I didn't end up doing anything actually (logistical issues). I am sure at some point I will celebrate it- maybe next week. My sewing machine kicked the bucket last week so I need to go and get that fixed.

Films and TV

One Day (Netflix): This is so so good. I definitely recommend you watching this. It’s about a man and a woman who meet at a University party and they become friends. The TV show is based on a book and basically they meet up on a particular day every year. It’s really sweet but quite sad. 

There are a couple of films I want to see at the moment that look really good. I really want to see All of us Strangers and The Zone of Interest, so I think I will maybe go see one next Revenge Friday. 

Valentines Outfit Plan

I didn't actually do anything for Valentines day but I have such a cute outfit planned for when my partner reschedules. I got these really cute lacey tights in the Tezenis sale after Christmas. They were like 60% off or something, so worked out I think around €2.50. My sister got the same ones but in pink. Then I have this Zara dress. Then I just finish off the look with some black heels and a white faux fur (for the mob wife vibe).


I was going to try it on but was feeling lazy.

Revenge Friday

I went to London because I wanted to go to an exhibition at the Courtauld Gallery which was actually really good. It was Frank Auerbach: Charcoal Heads and yeah it was pretty fab. There was two rooms of his charcoal portraits and they were very striking. A lot of them had been like sort of patched up and reworked and it was interesting reading about his creative process.

There was a Hello Kitty exhibition at Somerset House and I was sort of tempted but I was on my own and I just felt a bit like it was something I would rather go to with someone else (there is a Hello Kitty Disco in the exhibition and I can't just be dancing on my own in the Hello Kitty disco). So yes my poor partner might be getting dragged to that.

For lunch I went to a Japanese Ramen place near embankment station called Ippudo. I had been there before with my mum and I had liked it. I got a vegetarian Katsu curry and some veggie gyozas. It tasted way nice than it looks, it looks quite bleak in that photo. It was quite a relaxing experience sat at the bar on my own.

I walked through Covent Garden. I went to the usual shops I always go to. I walked to Carnaby Street and browsed Liberty's. I had a Matcha latte at Grind, they do really strong coffee and the matcha lattes are really good. I tried on some clothes from & other stories and I was humbled because they looked awful on me.

I had some vouchers which covered a perfume, I picked up Miss Dior. I did actually order a card case when I got home because I accidently card clashed and I am so annoyed with myself so I thought to avoid doing that again I will use a separate card holder for my travelcard.


I loved my day out- so much fun. Let me know if you enjoy my little day out posts or what other content you like seeing.

I will chat with you soon! 

Love, 

Happy Hippo xx

No comments:

Post a Comment