Blog Archive

Tuesday 18 July 2023

Revenge Friday- Revenge field trips, Wes Anderson and my old diary

 Hello darlings x

I hope you are well. Sorry it’s a little late this week, I’ve been busy getting everything ready for graduation and then I am also going to a wedding the day after. I haven’t received my degree yet… so I’m feeling your pain if you haven’t received yours yet because of the marking boycott. 

I found my 11 year old self's Diary

When I was searching through some things I found the diary I wrote in 2012 and I was actually creasing so much reading it. Please comment below your stories of finding a diary or reading an old diary if you have ever kept one x Mine really made me smile. I can’t decide on an entry to share with you… they are all really random and stupid.

Crafting advice needed

So I have recently moved back home and I have sort of been unpacking and like arranging my room because I am not only unpacking my university things but also my things from when my parents moved house. There is a box on my bookshelf and its like A4 sort of size and it is quite garish and childish with like large purple and pink polka dots all over it. So I was thinking of throwing it out but I sort of need it, so then I was thinking it will be fun to collage it. What do I collage it with? I was thinking like just your classic magazine cuttings but I was also thinking that will take forever and it could look even more garish than before. I was thinking old maps could look classy. Comics would be cool but like I don't want to look like a nerd- I am going into my cool era. I am not sure; tell me what you think. I don't have access to a printer. I could be really lazy and just order like collage supplies off of Etsy (where they have like everything cut out and most importantly they have a cohesive vibe).

Midweek Karma (like Revenge Friday but it is during the week)

I went out with my friend. We met at St John's Wood and walked round Regent's Park. We went around the Marylebone area, we had like a chill morning browsing the shops and Selfridges. I am dying to shop at the moment ngl but I just didn't buy anything. I think I need to go shopping with my sis because she always encourages me to spend. I so want to treat myself! Then we walked to the Carnaby Street area and we went to Mildred's (it's a vegetarian restaurant and one of my new fave places to eat) for lunch which was really yum actually. 


It was raining so we went to the Indiana Jones film which was fun but not great. Then we went for a few drinks at Freud's which is my new fave place to grab a drink.

We actually did so much walking- like St John’s Wood to Seven Dials is a lot, not to mention we didn’t walk there in a direct way.

Revenge Friday

I went into town with my dad on Friday. We went in early because we wanted to do some shopping. We went for Chinese for lunch. We had something planned for the evening and we had a lot of time to kill but it was raining so heavily so we went to see the new Wes film, Asteroid City which I have a lot of thoughts on- I didn't warm to it. 

Then after we left the film it had thankfully stopped raining and we were just in time for the concert, which was The Comet is Coming at Somerset House. They are like a jazz group. My father and I were sort of not sure about going because the weather was grim but actually we went and it was really good and the weather cleared.

Speak to you soon!

Lots of love, 

Happy hippo xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment