Blog Archive

Friday 25 August 2023

Revenge Friday- Hols, Zara boycott comes to an end and results x

 Hello darlings x

I came back from my holiday to France on Tuesday afternoon and I have been home relaxing. I got my university results and I achieved a... 2:1. I am happy.

I hope you have had a lovely week and you have been loving the summer x

Revenge Holiday Continued…

It is obviously really warm and busy in the south of France at the moment, so it was sort of difficult to get out and about. I just sort of relaxed at the beech and went for ice cream and browsed the old town most days.


I did a bit of shopping on Sunday. I wanted to get a bra because it’s so hot in Nice and I did not bring enough bras. Like not to be tmi, but it’s the sort of temperature where you can only wear items once before having to wash them. 


Anyway I got some underwear from Etam. If you are in France, Etam is a great place to treat yourself to underwear for a French Girl Glow Up. I also like Princesse Tam Tam- I have a lovely bikini from there. My sis and I also like Tezenis (technically it’s Italian) and Undiz. I will do a big list of all my fave boutiques and places to go in Nice- or just send me a message on Instagram if you want recommendations.


I also met my sisters dog, Azar. He’s so sweet; he has such a lovely nature.


Zara Boycott over:


I have mentioned this before on my blog but I had been boycotting Zara for the last five years (if my memory is correct it had been over 5 years since I had purchased something from Zara). Long story short, a member of staff was rude to me. 


However Zara is my sisters favourite place to shop and so I do get dragged in but I always resisted buying anything- it felt too soon lol. However, on Sunday, after over 5 years, I felt different like I actually felt ready to forgive. I brought myself a really chic dress and I am going to wear it in my new era of forgiveness. 

This isn’t the most flattering photo tbh. With ballet flats or heels or sandals, it looks nice.


New purchase

I got this Fiorucci tracksuit second hand… I am hoping it’s legit. I got it because it’s been sort of shit weather this summer and I have been wearing the same grey hoodie, so I just sort of fancied an upgrade. I love Fiorucci; we love an Italian vibe. This sweatshirt came with adorable matching shorts.


I feel a bit cute. It just needs a wash with a bit of fabric softener.


What I am watching

Ultimate Wedding Planners- Let me preface this by saying I do not recommend this, I just want to complain about it. I don’t normally watch shows like this but I tuned into the first episode one evening when I didn't have anything to watch and I have been watching it ever since. Basically there are like several contestants who work in the wedding industry (in some form of another) but would like to make it like big and to turn it into their career. They have to work together to organise a wedding and they have like a couple of days to do it and £10,000. This show is awful. The first episode it is shocking how horrible they were to each other- it’s actually like bullying. But the show is a bit addictive because its so tense and I am a bit gripped.


DIVA

My mum kindly invited me to join her and her friends to the V&A, I actually felt bad for intruding. We went to the exhibition Diva. I loved the concept of this exhibition at the V&A but it just fell short for me. I can’t stand the exhibition space it’s in; I will get so hyped for a V&A exhibition and then I find out it’s in that space and my heart actually sinks. The exhibition explored the history of the Diva, it’s a goddess but the word also comes from Opera. They had some very famous dresses such as the stunning Swarovski dress Rihanna wore for CFDA 2014, a few Cher outfits and a little black dress worn by Edith Piaf. But it’s on till next year April if you want to go. It was a really lovely day and we all had a chit chat in the cafe after.

Whose wellies are these?

Have a lovely week!


Love 

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment