Blog Archive

Friday 18 August 2023

Revenge Friday- Revenge Holiday to France

Hello darlings, 

I hope you have had a fabulous week. I am currently in France chilling out.

I left on Wednesday. The Percy’s are for my sister. Doesn’t my packing look cute? 

At Gatwick my gate changed last minute from 113 to 572 (I think) which are like opposite ends of the terminal. I was fighting for my life, I was so exhausted.

Enjoying a caramel crepe with cream in the square.

Film, TV and Podcasts

Who shat on the floor at my wedding? (Podcast)- So this podcast is like a true crime parody. This couple were having a wedding on a boat in Amsterdam when someone basically shits on the floor. The podcast is investigating who did it. The couple and presenter are sweet, really fun.

The Gold (BBC Iplayer)- This is really good. This is a series which is a drama about the Brink Mat robbery; the robbery where gold was stolen from a lock up near Heathrow in 1986. So the people who committed the robbery were expecting to steal 1 million in Spanish currency but then ended up stealing 26 million in gold. It is like so interesting how they like attempted to sell the gold and then lauder the money- its a bit complicated. It is really interesting and it is very interesting wikipedia read because so much isn't included in the drama (like there were a lot of deaths after the robbery and most of the gold they never found where it is or who has it).

Paula (Channel 4)- I am not sure if I mentioned this when I watched it a few months ago- it just jogged my memory because my dad and I were talking about Paula Yates. This is a documentary about Paula Yates who was a TV presenter and journalist and sort of socialite. But it is a bit of a Wikipedia rabbit hole honestly because she had quite a messy divorce with Bob Geldof, then she had a lot of media scrutiny and it is quite awful tbh. This documentary is actually sad but it definitely made me realise that she was actually quite cool and charismatic. I recommend watching it.

Other than that I have been feeling a bit uninspired on what to watch on TV. Send me suggestions my way. 

Revenge Friday- Self Love Spending Spree

I had a little day out in Nice on my own. I went to Emilie and the Cool Kids for lunch- I got a salad and a cookie. I got some shorts in mango. I have been after a pair of shorts for a while but there was always something wrong with them or I would literally rip them in the shop (I once went shopping with my sister to purchase a pair of jeans and I actually ripped three pairs and my bad luck also extends to denim shorts shopping). 

These are perfect, I am so pleased.

Then I got some gifts for my sisters birthday. And then I wondered round the old town and had a browse in a few more shops. I planned to shop but nothing else called to me. I met up with my sis in the afternoon and helped her choose a pair of trainers. Then we went out with our dad for dinner which was really nice- we had Lebanese. Then my sis and I met up with some friends in the evening.

So sort of a successful revenge Friday. 

Anyway speak next week. Drop recommendations for TV shows ect x

Love,

Happy Hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment