Blog Archive

Tuesday 26 September 2023

Revenge Friday: Boudoir Makeover and errands

Hello darlings,

I was in LA for two weeks and I might post a blogpost about what I got up to. It was really fab. Anyway, I have sort of just spent the week chilling and doing some admin bits and errands. I had a big to do list this week and there is some desperate organisation needed for my boudoir. This is going to be a bit of a boring post. 

Boudoir Makeover

I brought this print when I was in LA, in an art gallery. The print is a photo of a cinema which opened in the 1960s and it had quite a distinct concrete dome structure. I sort of wanted some fresh art/pictures in my bedroom because the old pictures I had on my wall were a bit childish. I have also chosen two other prints to put up on my wall which my parents didn't have a place to put. Anyway, my print didn't fit a standard frame so I took it to the framers. I am so excited to get it back and then I need to put them up on my wall.


It has felt like a challenge unpacking from university but I am getting there.

IKEA Trip Revenge Friday Fieldtrip

I went with my mum to IKEA on Friday and we got lunch. I went for the vegetarian meatballs and the Daim cake (my first time trying it) which was indulgent. We actually had quite a successful trip.

 I got: a shoe rack, filling paper rack, drawer organisers, a bamboo tray (to put my perfumes on) and a plastic white tub for my bedside table. I so can't wait to show these all in action. 

When we got back I did some organising of documents in my new paper file. My mum also got a new washing basket which is on wheels and it came flat pack, so I had my first go at assembling flat pack furniture. 

Doesn't it look neat?

Evening in London

I went out with my friend in London on Saturday. We met up in Covent Garden. Omd it was mobbed in town; there was like queues to get into the shops. We had a browse of some boutiques in Covent Garden. 

We walked to Soho and got an Indian which was really yummy. My friend wanted some clothes for work so I tried to style him in the menswear section of Liberty's department store- he wasn't too enthusiastic about my suggestions. Then we walked back towards Covent Garden and we stopped by a cake and cocktail place on Old Compton Street. I got a matcha latte and a macaron. Yeah it was such a lovely evening.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed reading this weeks post. Sorry it was a bit late. I will try and show you the results of my boudoir transformation next revenge Friday.

I never know what to say on these blogposts because originally I wanted it to be about self-improvement but like I don't think I am like the person to blog about self-improvement. As long as you guys don't mind the self-improvement being a bit sparse. But anyway chat next Friday.

Love,

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment