Blog Archive

Monday 2 October 2023

Revenge Friday- Notting Hill, New Years Resolutions and boudoir transformation

 Hello darlings,

Hope you have had a fab week! I have just had a sort of admin week but it has been fun.

Revenge Friday

My friend suggested we go to Portobello market on Fri and it was such a shout. I try to avoid Portobello on a weekend because it's actually chaos. They have a vintage market on a Friday at the bottom of the high street and so we had a browse. Then we went for lunch at a vegetarian food place I always go to when I am at Portobello Road, it is called Portobello Health Foods.

Then we walked to High Street Ken via some second hand shops. We were on the hunt for matcha powder but Wholefoods was closed off. We had a wonder down the high street and got a matcha latte- I got really turned onto matcha lattes when I was away and my friend was saying how much she likes them too (hence the hunt for matcha powder). I got some books from waterstones. My friend, who is quite into reading, recommended The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides (1993) and I actually really like the film so I am so excited to read this. I also picked up How to win friends and influence people (1939), which is like a classic self-help book and yeah, just looking at the index, it looks like it has some interesting chapters. Yeah I am so looking forward to reading both.

What I have been watching

Is anyone watching the most recent series of Married at First Sight UK? I have started watching it and I am addicted. I did watch the first series but I haven't watched a series since until now. I am loving it. I really look forward to getting married one day. I don't fantasise about it because I am a realist and so I don't like to look forward to things, I don't get excited for things. However, whenever I see like weddings on TV, social media or attend them, I think they are so sweet and I definitely want to get married one day.

Laura Kuenssberg: State of Chaos (BBC IPlayer)- This is a three part series which sort of looks at politics from around 2015 till now. It is sort of in anticipation for the general election which is later next year. I wouldn't say this was an enjoyable watch but like it was interesting and I guess so much has happened that it is interesting to rejog your memory. 

Love is Blind (series 5)- I can't believe I am watching another series of this. Such a waste of time- I am so ashamed. But yeah I do enjoy it. I have only watched up the first 4 episodes and so far it feels sort of weird compared to the other series. I am sort of suspicious of geologists (I don't like Lydia) because my partner is a geo... something or other and so I sort of know what they are like. I like Stacy, I think she is cool and I don't warm to Izzy. I don't think Stacy and Izzy will get married because I think Stacy is quite protective over her way of life and her freedom etc. I hope Milton wakes up and doesn't marry Lydia because she is sort of controlling and honestly I think they are an odd pairing. Are any of them going to get married?

New Years Resolutions Check-in

I always think September is the perfect time to check in with like the new years resolutions, and sort out you manifestation boards, winter wardrobe mood boards and your to-do lists. You have still got 3 months so you can turn your year around if it has been a bit shabby so far. I made myself like a large to-do list/bucket list to do before 2024 begins (I did something similar in 2019 and it was helpful). For this I have been drafting it in my notes section of my phone for a few weeks, just because you want to ensure they are achievable, a bit challenging and also beneficial to your life. When I was happy with it, I wrote it out in pen and I'll just pop it up on my wall.

This is more like a fun bucket list because I have been so on my errands the last few weeks that I am up to date on the important things. I edited one out because that has a bit of a story to it.

Anyway, I hope you have a lovely week. I am going to try to cut down on my reality TV watching.

Love,

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment