Blog Archive

Friday 6 October 2023

Revenge Friday: Boudoir reveal, Winter Wardrobe and Forgiveness?

Hello darlings,

How has your week been?

Boudoir Makeover

I actually finished decluttering my bedroom. While I was tidying, I was listening to a podcast about... a man who was accused of... wanking off a dolphin. These podcasts seem to be getting weirder. The podcast is called 'Hooked on Freddie' and it is quite interesting, although a little tmi at times- not all episodes are released yet.

Anyway I have finished my bedroom sort out. I used to find it really hard to declutter, especially when I was younger, but it is something I am getting better at. One of the nice things about decluttering is that you are not massively keen on buying much afterwards- like you are more selective about what you bring into your life. Definitely when I declutter I realise that I have everything I want and I finally get to appreciate what I have because I can access it or actually see it. It is nice to feel in control of your life.

I will say though that, in person it is organised but it doesn't translate well on camera. Like in these photos it still looks chaotic, I'll admit it. Visually there is just a lot of colour and different styles going on. It is also all old furniture that we had going spare, so its a bit of a mishmash. It feels slightly excessive going out and getting new furniture.

I think I might come back and reorganise the wardrobe.

Moving forward I am going to try and make things look a bit cohesive. I am going to try to halve all my craft supplies (everyone is getting a handmade Christmas card this year) and also halve my fabric stash. No more stationary is getting purchased either. 


Initially I was a bit worried about these bookshelves being a bit much for a small room but actually now they are organised (sort of) they aren't too in your face. 


What I might buy for my winter wardrobe...

So now that it is autumn, I am starting to think about my autumn winter wardrobe and any shopping that I fancy. Although like I said, doing a wardrobe clear out made me realise that I actually have everything I want. There are a few bits though I wouldn't mind purchasing, or repurchasing.

Fair isle Jumper- I used to have a really cute fair isle jumper that I loved wearing. However I had to give it to the charity shop a few months ago because it became small for me. So, I wouldn't mind a new fair isle jumper. Some of them can look a bit twee... I want a more chic look. I want it to be wool aswell.

 
This one is Celine and this is what I am after. My sis and I are so obsessed with Celine.

Braided Bottega Bag- I love the braided bottega bags. I think they are really beautiful. I don't have like 3 grand to drop on a bottega bag. I fancy like a braided leather bag- it has got to be like good quality but not pay like a huge amount of money and I don't want it to look like it is trying to be a bottega bag. 

Warm belted coat- I went to Berlin earlier in the year and I was soooo fucking cold omg- it made me realise I needed like a decent coat. I would love like a warm wool coat which is like belted- something a bit classy. I am going to have a think about this one because nice wool coats can be sort of expensive.

Patterned floral tights- My sister and I both agreed this is a look we will be purchasing this winter. I actually used to own a few pairs of fishnet floral tights and I defo need some back in my life. I defo like the idea of maybe getting a pair in like a pop of blue and then like wearing them with a LBD. 

Image Source: Calzedonia Instagram I feel like this is very me.

Other decluttering...

I have been on a bit of an organisation and decluttering spree and honestly it feels fabulous. But I was thinking about some of the other clutter I have in my life. You know when you get a snapchat memory pop up and it is from like a really traumatic time of your life. I actually don't know why I saved half them snapchats, they are so messy. 

Anyway, I went through the snapchat memories one by one, as well as the photos on my phone and I deleted a lot of them and it actually felt cathartic. 

Grudges

Not necessarily clutter but recently I have been feeling that I have let go of past arguments and grudges- I am over it. Generally I am actually quite forgiving but, I have definitely held some really silly grudges over the years and most (not all) were so unwarranted. Like I will just remember an argument that happened like 7 years ago and I would start pacing about and replaying it. I would feel the same sadness and hurt as the day it took place. 

I was having a coffee catch up with my partner around Christmas time last year (I was stressed with work) and something reminded me of a disagreement I had with a friend literally almost a decade ago and I burst into tears. I was so sad for the rest of the day (stuck in bed crying) because I was reminded of the situation. It is not healthy. 

But I was thinking recently and for those of you who are going through the same thing... you deserve peace. Like this is really silly, they have caused you enough pain, stop letting them hurt you more by rehashing it in your head. It is over. 

Sarah Lucas Evening Viewing

On Thursday night I went with my dad to a evening viewing of the Sarah Lucas exhibition at the Tate Britain. It was fab. We went for dinner in Victoria and we had a browse around the shops- I got some matcha powder from Holland and Barrett (although I accidently brought a caffeine free one ugh). The exhibition was really fab. I feel like its been ages since I have been to the Tate Britain.

Revenge Friday

I am off to Cambridge this weekend so, I won't be up to much today. I made my matcha latte this morning and read some of my book. Ugh I am going to the fucking post office- there goes an hour of my day. 

Okay girlies, that is all for this week. I hope this maybe inspired you in some way. Have you got any plans for the weekend?

Love,

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment