Blog Archive

Friday 20 October 2023

Revenge Friday- Gritty teen film recommendations, make up and ramblings

Hello sweeties x

I didn't post last week because I didn't get up to much. I have been so tired the last few weeks. It is a bit of a combo of things; I am anaemic again, the change of season and my cycle. Today I have been just exhausted (first day of my period), so I have hardly got anything done. I did pick up a picture I had taken to the framers which I got my father to put on my wall. I think it looks really fab.

I got my dad to put this one up on my wall too- my parents didn't have anywhere to put it so I claimed it. I have always really liked this picture, like she is so pretty but like its sort of eery. 

This one is the one I collected today. I am really pleased. I think the pictures I have chosen sort of bring the room together because it wasn't cohesive. 

So I did that and then I vaccumed the house. My mum also introduced me to the idea of vacum packing summer clothes in the winter (vice versa) and so I also did that this afternoon.

Now I am waiting for some fish and chips and I think I will have a craft sesh later. 

Last Revenge Friday

Last Friday I met up with my friend for brunch (I had avo toast and a chai latte) and then we both looked round the shops on the highstreet. Then we went back to mine and watched the David Beckham documentary on Netflix- it was actually good. I wasn't really intending to watch it but actually I would recommend. Then we ended up watching the blind ring documentary, The Real Blind Ring which is on Netflix, which is actually quite good and such an interesting story. I am sure you have seen the film but the documentary is really interesting because it goes into a lot more depth.

What I have been watching

I finished watching love is blind. I have made a promise to myself that this is the last year I watch it. I defo need some recommendations on TV shows, films and podcasts to watch and listen to- I have run out of inspiration. 

Fake or Fortune- I have been watching the most recent series of Fake or Fortune. I actually really like this show. The premise is that they are trying to find proof that a particular artwork is the work is attributed to a well known artist.  The technology they use is like so interesting, they like x-ray, analyse the paint and yeah other really interesting methods. It is actually worth watching. It is quite gripping.

Lupin- (spoilers) I think this has sort of jumped the shark. I didn't mind the first two series of this, I thought they were quite clever. I think there is something about faking a death in a TV series that makes it sort of hard to invest in that character afterwards. Like I found this series really hard to take seriously. Don't even get me started on that fucking disguise he uses to meet his son... WTF that was beyond creepy. Throughout the series Assane is always letting Claire down (standing her up on dates and causing general chaos in her life) and that makes it hard for me to root for Assane because I have been on the receiving end of people like that (crazy makers- we are going to talk about this more in another blogpost). It is still like an enjoyable to watch. 

Big Vape: the rise and fall of Juul (Netflix)- This is a four part documentary on Netflix which discusses Juul. It talks a lot about the product development and the marketing campaigns. It is actually quite interesting. I would actually say its worth a watch. I do think it is a bit long but that is the case with most of Netflix docuseries.

Gritty Teen Films

I watched Submarine (2010) on Netflix a few weeks ago and I really liked this film growing up. If you haven't seen it, it is about a teenager, Oliver, who develops a crush on his class mate but it is not really like a romantic film. His parents' marriage is sort of like not going great and he also wants to lose his v-card. I am doing terrible at explaining it but it is a good film. It is very like relatable, quirky and sort of a bit bleak. It’s very aesthetic and the soundtrack is the Artic Monkeys. 

Anyway, it got me thinking of teen films because when I was growing up I didn't really like the romantic comedies- I wanted something a bit more gritty. So I have comprised a list of Happy Hippo approved gritty teen films for you.

Make-up I brought in LA

I hardly have anything to talk about this week. My friend was asking about whether I brought any make-up from LA and it reminded me that I did. So I thought I would do like the tiniest haul. My sister was recommending me the brand Supergoop which does sunprotection face products, so I picked up a set of the miniatures and I have given them a go. The glow screen is really nice; it is a bit like the glossier futuredew, it gives you that like glowy dewy look but it also offers sun protection. I don't wear foundation so this is like really nice and easy face product. Then I got another little set, this is by Charlotte Tilbury and it is a lipliner in the shade pillow talk and a lip gloss. I have the pillow talk lipstick and I like it a lot so, it is sort of handy to have the lipliner. This looks really pretty. I actually feel a bit cute.

Okay that is all. I hope you have a lovely weekend and I will chat next week hopefully with a bit more to say.

Lots of love, 

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment