Blog Archive

Tuesday 21 November 2023

Revenge Friday- trying new places in London

 Hey darlings x

I haven't posted the last few weeks because I had a death in the family which was very very sad. But this post was sort of written over several weeks. 

Haul

I have been doing a bit of shopping over a few consecutive weeks because the weather has been just so miserable recently and I started a new job so I wanted some like smart wear. However, I am quite particular about what I buy.

Recently, I have been following Andrea Cheong on Instagram- if you are not familiar with her she talks about clothing quality and sort of advises about what you shouldn't purchase and what is a better alternative. I always thought it was me being fussy when I was shopping but actually Andrea is reassuring me that I do actually deserve better. I defo recommend checking out her insta.

 I went shopping a while ago at The Glades and I sort of set out to get a pair of straight/wide leg tailored trousers but nothing was looking right on me. I definitely want to keep looking for the wide leg trousers, I think it is a really nice look. Anyway I did pick up a pair of work trousers they are quite slim and are in a pinstripe fabric. These are going to look so cute with a white shirt and ballet flats. 


My new pinstripe trousers and red jumper x

I brought this red jumper from the charity shop. It was in the menswear section and they had like a whole selection of colours. They were all like the nicest cashmere silk blend. I have worn this loads.

Then, I got this red long sleeve top from Monki. I love this and I have worn it loads- love the details and it looks quite sexy. Ignore my hair, I just got out the shower.

I have always loved this style of boot and because my feet get chilly at work, I decided to purchase these for work. However, when I got home, they did not go with anything I owned... fuck. I will keep them though because I really like them and hopefully I find something to wear with them but yeah I am kind of annoyed at myself. I think they are quite classic so, I am sure I will get round to wearing them.


I wrote a few blogposts back that I fancied a new fair isle jumper and I ended up purchasing this one and it is perfect. I am so pleased with this, it looks so cute with jeans and will look cute with some ballet flats when the weather is warmer.

TV, Film and Podcast recommendations

I have totally run out of podcasts to listen to because I am quite specific about what I like. I like something investigative but not like a dark true crime. I don't really like the format of multiple presenters, it is like not relaxing to hear people fight to talk over each other. Then I also don't like anything motivational because podcasts are like my unwinding before bed thing, like if its motivational I might jump out of my bed and start cleaning my room or something.

Call me by your name (Netflix)- This is a really lovely film. It is a film about a young man/ teen (Elio) who lives in Italy during the summer with his family. His father, who is a professor, has a colleague stay with the family. Elio and the colleague like form like a bond. It is very aesthetic and so makes you want to go to Italy and just vibe and read books. It is sweet.

Louis Theroux Meets Pete Doherty- This is on BBC Iplayer and it was actually quite interesting. He discusses a lot of like his past with drugs and the stories are... crazy. There is quite a dark part where he discusses a death of a party-goer who attended a party he attended. There is a very funny part where he gets like heartburn or something- idk what was going on.

The Parisian Agency (Netflix)- This is like some light reality TV. It follows a family run luxury estate agents based in Paris. It is nice for a bit of escapism because the properties are quite gorgeous. But yeah this is good watching and I always like to watch things in French because I sort of hope (naively) it is good French language revision. 

I am also ashamed to say that I have been watching the Robbie Williams docuseries on Netflix. 

Revenge Friday (a week back)

I have been sort of researching some places I want to go in London; I have written it down in a list and I am starting to tick a few off. 

On Thursday night I went to L'Esgargot in Soho which is a French restaurant and it has a really nice atmosphere, lots of artwork on the walls and sort of old school. It was really lovely; I went with my partner after work. I think I need to go back because I didn't actually have the l'esgargots (snails); I didn't fancy a whole dish of them to myself and my partner is a stricter Vegetarian than me, so he wouldn't want to share. 

Then on Revenge Friday I went to Peckham. I went to a restaurant for lunch with my friend. It is a Persian vegetarian restaurant called Persepolis and it was delicious. My friend and I shared some meze plates, harisa halloumi and they have like a nice drinks menu. We defo ordered too much food but yeah it was good.

Then we did something a little off-piste; we went to a zine fair in Peckham Levels. If you don't know what a zine (or fanzine) is it is basically like a self published magazine, printed in typically small editions with quite a niche or specific subject matter. I did look through a few and they looked fab but I am not good at talking to new people because I just think in my head they are going to like dislike me or I am going to offend them idk. 

We then looked round some second hands shops on Peckham highstreet. Although neither of us got anything. We then went back to hers for a cup of tea and we watched Thirteen (2003) which I had not seen before and I actually quite liked it. It is very dark and it is quite disturbing given the age the girls are meant to be. The story is of a girl who befriends a cool girl from school and they end up sort of spiralling into drug abuse and reckless behaviour basically.

I had a really nice day: it was fun to explore Peckham and always so lovely to see my friend.

Lots of love,

Happyhippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment