Blog Archive

Sunday 3 December 2023

Revenge Christmas 2023 Part 1

Hello darlings, 

I hope you have had a fab week! Are you getting into Christmas this year? I sort of am. I feel like the last few years I have mentally checked out of Christmas but this year I want to actually feel festive. So yeah expect some Christmassy revenge Friday blogposts. I am already shopping for Christmas gifts because I like to be organised and I also like to get them in the Black Friday sales. But yeah any recommendations for Christmassy blogposts let me know :)

By the way this is revenge Friday for two consecutive weeks and so it is all a bit chaotic.

What I have been watching and listening to

I have been listening to a podcast called British Scandal and they have about 30 series where they discuss over 3-4 episodes a scandal from the past. I am sort of running out of podcasts but this is a good one. The series I listened to recently that I found quite interesting was about Paul Gascoigne and I didn't know who he was before I listened to this so it was quite interesting learning about him. He is an ex football player who had a lot of demons and one of them people who do not have an off button. 

I am a bit late to this but I started watching White Gold on Netflix which is quite fun. It is a comedy about a PVC double glazing window company in Essex in like the 80s. I would recommend it for some fun watching. It is on Netflix and BBC IPlayer. 

I have been watching a few things recently. I watched a documentary (The Edge of Everything) about the snooker player Ronnie O'Sullivan and I really liked it- he is such an interesting person (a troubled genius). It is on Prime and I defo recommend it. I so want to be friends with him; I think he is fab.

Revenge Friday and Culture

I went out with my friend on Friday to Kensington. We went to the Design Museum to see an exhibition about fashion in London (Rebel: 30 years of London Fashion). It was quite fun actually, although I was so busy gossiping with my friend that I sort of was forgetting to read the information boards. The exhibition was really cool and interesting. We then had a browse of Holland Park.

The charity shops on High Street Ken were unsuccessful but they are always worth a look. We then got some food at wholefoods. It was a nice day. We are now planning our girly Christmas lunch.

I went to the Southbank at the weekend with my parents and we went to a really good photography exhibition at the Hayward, it was photographs by Hiroshi Sugimoto. They were fabulous. There was a room of a series he did where he took photographs of cinema screens and they looked so stunning. You know when you go to a museum (or like a natural history gallery) and they have like a diorama of like a scene from nature using taxidermy animals and they are set against a painted backdrop? Sugimoto took photos of them and they look uncanny. There was another room of photographs of like mathematical shapes- went a bit over my head tbh. This is a really good exhibition and I definitely recommend it.


Have you got an advent calendar this year? My mum got this bouji one from Liberty's and I will be definitely taking some of the beauty products. I did want a tea advent calendar because I have had them in the past and they have always been a nice treat but I actually probably have 24 different tea bags already in the kitchen cupboard- it did feel excessive to buy one. 

Revenge Festive Friday (1st of December!!)

I sort of did fuck all other than go to brunch. It snowed for a few minutes in the morning but I didn't actually see it because by the time I got off my arse to have a look out the window, it had stopped. My mum and I did actually trot down the high street and  went to a cafe for some soup.

I found a pair of jeans that go with my new boots, so I have actually managed to wear them. I feel very sexy. I have also resurrected the white coat. I also brought a new coat from Zara, it is a black belted coat- I am pleased with it because it has been so chilly and this will be good to wear for my commute. 

In the evening, I watched Kes (1969) which I hadn't seen in many years and it is a really good film. It is about a boy who comes from quite a deprived background and his home life is quite troubled and he is quite like naughty at school. However, he like adopts a Kestrel and learns falconry. The end of the film is gutting- actually heart breaking.

Anyway, I will chit chat with you next week! 

Love, 

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment