Blog Archive

Thursday 28 December 2023

Revenge Christmas part 3- Things to do at twixmas

Hello bunnies x

I hope you had a fabulous Christmas. My Christmas was really nice; I spent it at my grandmas for the first time in several years. I thought in this blogpost I would give some ideas of what to do between Christmas and New Year. Even though Christmas is over there were still like some festive things I didn't get round to doing, like I didn't even have a glass of mulled wine and I sort of fancied going ice skating. I just think think that time between Christmas and New Year is just nice to spend some time to myself and sort of re-organise my life because Christmas is quite unsettling and chaotic. 

Things to do between Christmas and New Year

🎄Go for a wintery walk

🎄Start planning your New Years resolutions and goals (most of mine are like fun things)

🎄Enjoy some mulled wine, roast chestnuts, ice skating and any other fun festive things that you fancied doing but maybe did not get around to doing

🎄Tidy your house- my bedroom was turned upside down when I was packing to go to my Grandma's house so I defo want to reorganise it

🎄Watch some box sets and films

🎄Start putting your Christmas gifts to use- I received some Lavender drawer liners as a jokey present but I will definitely make time to put them in my drawers and I also got a new purse and so I want to organiser that too. Or if you received a fun Lego set you can start assembling it.

I ended up cleaning out my handbags and my cards case while I was organising my new purse (the red one with the eyes). Not my favourite job but it is nice when you have a crumb-free handbag. 

Things I have been watching and podcast

I finished Beef which was soo good. I highly recommend.

I have also been watching a comedy which is on BBC called Ghosts and it is about a couple who go to live in like a house which has like a dozen or so ghosts that live there. It is actually really sweet. I had not watched it before I watched the last episode of the series which aired on Christmas Eve (I think) and I enjoyed it so much that my parents and I have decided to watch it from the beginning. The characters are very likeable and the series is very warm. 

A podcast I have been listening to at the moment it is called Gangster (series 3) and is about John Palmer who was a gangster. He was basically involved in the Brink's-Mat Gold Robbery, not in the actual robbery but involved in melting down the gold and I guess sort of trying to legitimise it. So he was a gold dealer but then sort of got involved with timeshares in Tenerife. It is really interesting. I definitely recommend you listening to this podcast but before you do you should watch The Gold (BBC)- it is such a good TV series and it is also about the Brink's-Mat Robbery.

What I got for Christmas

My partner brought me a dip fountain pen which is really cool and such a sweet gift. I guess I need to buy some ink but I don't know if I have anything in my brain that sort of warrants writing down with the pen. My sister got me some really gorgeous silk pyjamas. I feel very bouji.

I will chat again soon! I have a bit of a New Years themed blogpost- now Christmas is out of the way I feel slightly rejuvenated.

Love, 

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment