Blog Archive

Sunday 7 January 2024

Happy New Year 2024

 Hey darlings,

I hope you have had a lovely start to the New Year. I have been away so this post is a little bit late. I was in France which was really nice. 

New Years Eve

I was in Nice for New Years which is where my sister resides. For New Years Eve we had a raclette, which if you don't know what that is it is like a melted cheese and we had it with potatoes, veggie hot dogs, broccoli and mushrooms. My sister has a snazzy like raclette machine where you cook the vegetables on the top and then the cheese gets heated on little dishes underneath. So that was really nice.


Then later we went to watch the fireworks on the promenade, there was not like an official display but people on the beach were letting them off and yeah it was really good fun. 

The on New Years day we went for a walk in a small Village called Luceram and during Christmas they host 'circuit des creches' which is where they put up nativity scenes (creches). They have a few hundred of them. It was quite quaint. Such a pretty town. Then we had a picnic.



Style setter?

Look at this! This photo was taken in 2020 and observe what I am wearing! I am wearing ballet flats and lacey patterned tights. I was actually 3 years ahead of everyone. I wore ballet flats in a cool grungy way when people saw them as being quite uncool- I actually made them cool. Yes I do actually take credit for bringing them back lol. I am joking however you cannot deny I was actually quite ahead of my time. 
People laughed at me for wearing ballet flats, they're not laughing now.

I actually think fashion is really nice at the moment I feel very inspired and I feel people are so creative and stylish. 

My New Years Resolutions

I am sort of note really doing New Years resolutions. I feel like things like that come organically whatever the time of year. However there are a few things that I am planning for this year. 

-Spend less time on my phone- not a year goes by where I don't have this goal. I have quite bad anxiety and I definitely sort of go on my phone to sort of block out my anxious thoughts. It is not productive and it is such a waste of life.

-I was gifted a small amount of money by my work and I was sort of thinking of putting it towards learning something like attending a one-day course (some lessons in grace and decorum jk) -maybe a floristry lesson or maybe something more practical like a first-aid course.

-I have been trying to learn French in the last few months. I have always dabbled a bit with learning French in the past but I think this time I am coming in with a strong action plan. I won’t say anymore but maybe the end of next year I tell you how I am getting on ;)

Anyway, I will chat with you soon. I have actually had loads of thoughts for blogposts so I am excited to get writing.

Love,

Happy hippo x

No comments:

Post a Comment